Due to the shortage of COVID-19 tests across the region, Eastern Niagara Hospital will be utilizing its supply of tests to serve ENH and Niagara Regional Surgery Center for scheduled surgical cases, health care workers, in-patients transferring back to nursing homes, and those patients who present to the ER and Express Care with acute symptoms .
VISITATION POLICY UPDATE ~
Eastern Niagara Hospital is pleased that we will be able to allow visitors once again. We understand that this has been a difficult time for patients and their families. As we resume visitation back at the hospital, we will continue to comply with Department of Health regulations and ensure the safety of all visitors, patients and staff in our facility.
We are implementing the following guidelines and submitting this plan to New York State.
- Visitors will be allowed into the Hospital daily. Visitors for patients in 2 North will be permitted Monday - Friday 2-6 PM and Saturday/Sunday from 11 AM - 3 PM. Visitors for patients in the ICU will be permitted Monday-Friday from 4 – 6 PM and Saturday/Sunday from 1-3 PM.
- Each patient will be limited to two visitors per day - one (1) at a time.
- All visitors must be 8 years of age and over and will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), be temperature screened at the entrance of the Hospital, and sign in and out of the visitor log.
- Surgical patients will be permitted to have one person accompany them to the surgery department.
- Emergency Department patients will also be allowed one family member to accompany them into the ER.
The Hospital appreciates everyone’s understanding and cooperation with these policies as things in our community evolve and we make every effort to continue keeping our patients, staff and facility safe.
PLEASE NOTE. DUE TO OUR EFFORTS TO COMPLY WITH NYS REGULATIONS AND REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19, ALL RADIOLOGY , LAB AND CARDIAC TESTING IS BEING COMPLETED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
PLEASE CALL 514-5870 (Monday- Friday 8 am to 4 pm)TO SCHEDULE LAB TESTS AT THE HOSPITAL.
WALK-IN LAB DRAWS ARE ALSO OFFERED AT THE TRANSIT RD. SITE - 5875 S. TRANSIT RD MONDAY-FRIDAY 7 AM - 12 NOON.